Below we explain how we use and collect your personal data when you sign up as a customer and use our website.
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, home address, email address, phone number)
- Information about your order history (when you make a new order, when you have made changes to your order, cancellations, when you have logged on and started to make a change but not confirmed it, when you have signed up with our payment system)
- Preferences and dislikes you have informed us of in order to alter your order.
- We store your emails and responses to questionnaires.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Our Facebook and Instagram accounts and data collected from interaction placed on those platforms. We also use mailchimp for our newsletter and this collects data on how many people have viewed each newsletter we send out, this has an opt-out function. When you sign up to our bag scheme you automatically opt-in to the newsletter. The Gocardless payment platform collects data when payments are processed and when customers sign up and cancel their accounts.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with important information that might affect your order and inform you of product changes and services we think you might like.
- Analysis customer preferences so we can better understand our customer needs.
How do we store your data?
We securely store your data through our Boxmaster software provider, all delivery lists with address information are safely destroyed after three weeks from their initial use (this is to keep track of customer bag returns).
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, we do this via our newsletter and through social media advertising.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us to let us know.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to us processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website.
- Keep track of any orders you may have started to place but decided not to.
- Any searches for postcodes we currently don’t deliver to.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – we use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what vegetables you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – we use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.